It’s April! The weather is nice. It’s not too hot yet and it’s a great month to get out and enjoy everything we love about spring in Jefferson Parish. Here are thirty things to do in April in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.
Numbers correspond with the date and * denotes a FREE event
- St. Bernard Irish Italian Islenos Parade at NOON and rolls down W. Judge Perez Drive. *
- Kenner’s Italian Heritage Festival in Rivertown. Italian cuisine, children’s activities, rides, music and more. $5 admission, 12 and under FREE.
- Meet other parents with babies age 0-12 months at the New Parent Playdate held every Monday at 10:30 am at Zuka Baby Metairie. *
- Kids Drink FREE at Jamba Juice. Kids get a FREE smoothie with a purchase of a juice, bowl, or smoothie at both the Metairie and Downtown locations every Tuesday!
- NOMA is free to Louisiana residents on Wednesday. *
- Read and Sing Easter from 10:30 – 11 am at the West Bank Regional Library. Listen to Llama Llama Easter Egg. *
- French Quarter Festival in the French Quarter. 34th annual music festival with 23 stages of live entertainment and food from local restaurants. Free admission.*
- Clearview Mall Easter Eggstravaganza from 11 am – 1 pm. Riddle based scavenger hunt, games, and more. *
- Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival at Memorial Park in Ponchatoula. Outdoor festival with rides, games, music, and of course strawberries. Free admission. *
- Go play Laser Tag at Laser Tag and Games of Metairie.
- Mornings With Mommy at 11 am at Barnes and Noble Metairie. Listen to Bunny’s Book Club and make a craft. *
- Read and Sing Bunnies from 10:30-11:30 am at the Lakeshore Library. Listen to Piggy Bunny. *
- Saturday Storytime: April 15th at 11 am at Barnes and Noble Metairie and Westbank. A special storytime with coloring, activities and a special guest featuring the book Too Many Carrots. *
- Easter Tea at the La Petite Tea Room from 12:30 – 1:15 pm. Cost is $15 per child and includes dress-up, craft, storytime, snacks, tea and more.
- Gretna Food Truck Fest from 5-9 pm under the market in Downtown Gretna.
- Happy Easter
- Take a day trip!
- Go see the New Orleans BabyCakes take on the Iowa Cubs
- New Orleans City Park Botanical Gardens are free for Louisiana residents on Wednesday, so go enjoy! *
- Go see Four Unplugged at the Lafreniere Park Spring Live Concert Series*
- Go see Guys and Dolls Jr at the Jefferson Performing Arts center at 7:30 PM.
- Lake Pontchartrain Craft Fair: April 22nd from 10 am – 4 pm at the New Canal Street Light House. Craft fair, Earth Day celebrations, light house tours and more.
- Pinch A Palooza: April 23rd from 10 am – 9:30 pm at Deanies Seafood in Bucktown. Live music, food, games and more. *
- Sign Up for Free Swim Lessons
- Preschools can have fun doing Yoga with Michelle from 11-11:30 at the West Bank Regional Library. *
- Go see Flow Tribe at Wednesday’s at the Square. A free concert series with food and drink sale proceeds benefiting the Young Leadership Council. Wednesdays in March, April and May from 5-8pm in Lafayette Square. *
- Admission is free for Louisiana Residents at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art on Thursdays. *
- Ride along the levee in the City of Gretna for the Friday Night EZ Bike Ride. Starts at Riverfront and Huey P. Long Ave at 8pm. *
- Visit Kenner’s Rivertown Farmer’s Market from 8 am – 1 pm and pick up some fresh local produce, plants and crafts.
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival at the New Orleans Fairgrounds.
ABOUT RAPID URGENT CARE
Located at 3908 Veterans Memorial Blvd which is on the corner of Vets and Cleary in the same shopping center as Regions Bank. Rapid Urgent Care is open every single day of the year including holidays and has a physician on site to access, diagnose, and treat your concern. Rapid Urgent Care commonly treats aliments such as the flu and flu-like illnesses. These include colds, sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, and strep throat. We also treat sprains, minor trauma, and fractures. Our on site X-Ray facility can help to determine if have a broken bone or perhaps just a sprained muscle. Learn more by visiting their website and liking them on Facebook.
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Tropical Storm Cindy Closures - June 20, 2017
- Camping In Southeast Louisiana - June 16, 2017
- Ten Things To Do With Dad On Father’s Day In Jefferson Parish - June 14, 2017
- Too HOT To Play: Guide To Indoor Fun In New Orleans - June 8, 2017
- 2017 Jefferson Parish Parent Photographer’s Guide - June 7, 2017