School has started, it’s football season, it’s about to be fall, and hopefully the weather will get a tad cooler – HOPEFULLY. It’s September. That means fun! Here are 30 things you can do this September in Jefferson Parish with your family, sponsored by our friends at Rapid Urgent Care Metairie.
NOTE: the number corresponds with the day of the month and * denotes free admission/event.
- Children can enjoy Storytime with Ms. Margaret from 1-2pm at the Live Oak Library. *
- Children can listen to Uni the Unicorn and the Dream Come True and participate in special activities at 11am at Barnes and Noble Metairie and Westbank. *
- Enjoy an afternoon of music and fun at Freedom Fest from 3-10pm at Kenner’s Laketown. *
- Happy Labor Day! Enjoy you day off.
- Children can make pirate hats at Craft Night at the East Bank Regional Library in the Children’s Stage area from 5:30-6:30 pm. *
- Children can listen to Three Bears in a Boat and make craft stick sailboats at Boat Storytime at the Lafittee Library from 11-11:30am. *
- Children can listen to Life on Mars by Jon Agee and planet sun catchers at Space Exploration Storytime at the Harrahan Library from 3:30-4:30pm. *
- Bring the family and listen to Aaron Foret at the Westwego Farmer’s Market Friday Night Concert Series from 7-10pm. Bring your favorite chair or blanket, sit and relax, enjoy great music, food, drink, crafts, and great company. *
- Explore and visit local artist at the Gretna Art Walk from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, on Huey P. Long Ave in downtown Gretna. *
- Treats, games, crafts, and more at the ARNO Blessing of the Animals from 12:00- 2:00 PM at Munholland United Methodist Church, 1201 Metairie Road, Metairie, LA. All friendly pets are welcomed. *
- Teens can make origami corner book markets during DIY Art Attack from 3-9pm at the East Bank Regional Library Teen Center. Materials are first come first served. *
- Children can listen to Firefighter Duckies! by Frank Dormer and make a fun craft during Mornings with Mommy at Barnes and Noble Metairie at 11 am. *
- NOMA is free to Louisiana residents on Wednesday. *
- Build and create with LEGO at Lego Club from 6:30-7:30pm at the Lakeshore Library. *
- Bring your chairs and blankets and watch Moana at the Movie Night at the Market at the Westwego Farmer’s Market at 7pm. Food and drink will be available for purchase. *
- A day of events surrounding the planting of a butterfly & pollinator garden at the Landing for the Groundbreaking and Planting of the Rivertown Butterfly Garden from 9am-9pm. Start the day by attending the Rivertown Farmer’s Market and end the day with The RAAD- Rivertown Art After Dark, celebrating the work of local artists. The event will also include face painting, music by The Westerlies jazz band, food, a silent auction, and presentations by bee and butterfly experts. *
- Pirate and Princess Day at the Aquarium of the Americas is a day filled with pirates, princesses, special activities and more from 10 am – 5pm. Included with aquarium admission. Pirate and princess costumes are encouraged. More details and event schedule.
- Teens can chill after school with video games, board games, and crafts during Teen Zone from 2:30-7pm at the Rosedale Library. *
- Beginning and reluctant readers can read to therapy dogs during Reading To Rover from 6:30-7:30pm at the East Bank Regional Library Children’s Stage Area.
- New Orleans City Park Botanical Gardens are free for Louisiana residents on Wednesday, so go enjoy! *
- Children can construct a horse during Thursday Craft at the Rosedale Library from 11am-12pm. *
- Ride along the levee in the City of Gretna for the Friday Night EZ Bike Ride. Starts at Riverfront and Huey P. Long Ave at 8pm. *
- Start your holiday shopping with local crafters and artists at the Archbishop Chapelle Craft Fair.
- Visit the Contemporary Arts Center – Free admission for Louisiana residents on Sundays – kids through Grade 12 are FREE everyday!*
- Check out one of these stroller friendly outings for a great day.
- Preschoolers can have fun doing Yoga with Michelle from 11-11:30 at the West Bank Regional Library. *
- Children ages 5-14 can make turkey, ham or veggie wraps with homemade hummus. They will also get to roll their own fruit sushi during Rouses Cooking Class with Chef Sally from 6-7:30 pm at the Rouses on Power Blvd. More information and tickets.
- Admission is free for Louisiana Residents at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art on Thursdays. *
- First day of the Gretna Heritage Festival! More information and tickets
- Have a doggy good time at Hot Diggity Dog Fest from 11:30 am -9pm at Kenner’s Laketown.
Have a great September!
ABOUT RAPID URGENT CARE
Located at 3908 Veterans Memorial Blvd which is on the corner of Vets and Cleary in the same shopping center as Regions Bank. Rapid Urgent Care is open every single day of the year including holidays and has a physician on site to access, diagnose, and treat your concern. Rapid Urgent Care commonly treats aliments such as the flu and flu-like illnesses. These include colds, sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, and strep throat. We also treat sprains, minor trauma, and fractures. Our on site X-Ray facility can help to determine if have a broken bone or perhaps just a sprained muscle. Learn more by visiting their website and liking them on Facebook.
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Hurricane Evacuation Survival Tips - September 6, 2017
- Thirty Things To Do In Jefferson Parish in September 2017 - August 28, 2017
- Do You Know About All of These Money-Saving Healthcare Programs in Our Area? - August 15, 2017
- Jefferson Parish Parent Favorite Snoball Stands - July 31, 2017
- August is FREE Museum Month In New Orleans - July 28, 2017