It’s June already, wow, this year is just flying by! School’s been out a week and I’m sure if you’re like everyone else, you need things to do with the kids and the cheaper the better. We’ve got you covered with this list of 30 things you can do in Jefferson Parish in June (one for each day of the month) and most of them are FREE!
Things To Do In Jefferson Parish In June
Numbers correspond with the date and * denotes a FREE event
- Ice Cream Social: La Petite Tea Room from 12-1pm. Cost is $12 per child. This includes dress-up, crafts, nail polish application, create your own sundae, and much more! Reserve your spot by calling 504-733-1001 or 504-338-8490.
- Dinner and a Zoovie: Watch Moana at the Audubon Zoo. Doors will open at 6:00pm and movie goers are welcome to picnic by the Capital One Stage until the movies start at about 8:15-8:30pm. There will be dance party from 7:15pm to 8:15pm. Come with your chairs and blankets and bring your own dinner if you like. All shows are $6 per person, (children under two years of age are free) and you’re welcome to bring chairs and blankets. No glass containers, open candles or pets, please. All films will be shown outside at the Capital One Stage and Field inside Audubon Zoo. You can also purchase a Cool Zoo/Zoovie Combo for $12 person
- Librarypalooza: Kick off the Jefferson Parish Library’s Summer Reading Program with fun from 10 am – 12:15 pm at the East Bank Regional Library. *
- Kenner Hispanic Summer Fest: Kenner Laketown (Williams Blvd and the Lake) next to Treasure Chest Casino from 3-11pm. family fun, food, refreshments, drinks, vendors, craft and the musical presentation of Rey Ruiz, Los Hermanos Rosario, local bands & more.
- Aquavan: Ages 4 and up can meet animals from the aquarium at the East Jefferson Library Jefferson & Napoleon Rooms from 10-11 am. Registration is required for groups of 5 or more by calling 849-8813. *
- Bugmobile: Children can have an up-close encounters with arthropods from their backyard and around the world at the Belle Terre Library from 11 am – 12 pm. *
- Porta Puppet Players: Children can see the Porta Puppet Players “Cooking with the Frog Princess” at the West Bank Regional Library Meeting Room from 11 am – 12 pm. *
- Lady Chops : Elizabeth Vidos presents her program titled “Drum Roll Please”. It’s an energetic, interactive and fun for all ages as she incorporates over 15 different instruments including buckets, body percussion and the Cajun rubboard at the East Bank Regional Library from 3-4pm. *
- Family Movie Time: Families can watch Finding Dory at the West Bank Regional Library from 2:30-4:30 pm.*
- Creole Tomato Festival: Head down to the French Market for the Creole Tomato Festival from 10 am – 7 pm. *
- Family Equality Day: Pack a picnic basket and join Longue Vue House and Gardens from 10 am – 1 pm for its annual Family Equality Day celebrating the LGBT parenting and family community in New Orleans.
- Javier Juarez: Kids can get fit and learn to dance at the Wagner Library from 2-3 pm. *
- Kids Yoga: Kids are invited to participate in a yoga class designed specifically for kids at the North Kenner Library from 11:30-12:30 pm*
- NOMA and the City Park Botanical Gardens: Visit the New Orleans Museum of Art and City Park Botanical Gardens. Both are free on Wednesdays for Louisiana residents. *
- Medieval Architecture Storytime: Children can listen to A Year In A Castle by Rachel Coombs and make castles from 3-4 pm at the Harahan Library. *
- Prytania Kids Series : Go see Cars 3 at the Prytania Theater at 10 am. Cost is $6 and includes movie, popcorn & drink.
- Father’s Day Storytime: Storytime and Activities based on the story When Daddies Don’t Grow Up at Barnes and Noble Metairie and Westbank at 11 am. *
- HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
- Matt Noel: Magic, yo-yos, juggling, and comedy at the Westwego Library Meeting Room from 10:30 – 11:30 am. *
- Wetland Express: Take a trip down to Grand Isle for an up-close experience with our wetland’s most important inhabitants at the Grand Isle Library from 10:30 – 11:30 am. *
- Porta Puppet Players: Children can see the Porta Puppet Players “Tea Party with Mad Hatter” at the Terrytown Library from 1-2 pm. *
- Kids Cooking Class: Kids will learn how to make kabobs at the Rouses in Gretna from 6-7:30pm. Purchase tickets
- Grenta Friday Night Bike Ride: Ride along the levee in the City of Gretna for the Friday Night EZ Bike Ride. Starts at Riverfront and Huey P. Long Ave at 8pm*
- Baby and Child Expo: Resources for a healthy, natural pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding experience into one location along with a lot of fun activities and fun exhibitors from 10 am – 2 pm at Lakeside Shopping Center. *
- Celebrate Boudreaux’s Birthday: Watch the Baby Cakes take on Colorado Springs at 12pm. Today is also Funday Sunday 4-for-$44, four game tickets, four hot dogs, four small sodas, a souvenir program and a $5 coupon to use in the ‘Cakes Shop for just $44. You can also play catch on the field before the game and get player autographs in the team shop. Purchase Tickets
- Zoomobile: Children can explore the wonders of the natural world by interactive presentation and hands-on animal encounters at the Lakeshore Library from 11 am – 12 pm. *
- Tales With A Twist: Storytime with audience participation and movement at the Live Oak Library from 1 – 2 pm. *
- Summer Kid’s Flicks: Watch The Iron Giant at The Grand in Kenner as part of their Summer Kid’s Flicks series. Summer movies for only $4. Price includes popcorn and a drink. Showtime is at 10am.
- Zoomobile: Children can explore the wonders of the natural world by interactive presentation and hands-on animal encounters at the Gretna Library from 1-2 pm.
- Hey Now Hooping: A one hour interactive hula hoop program from 10:30 – 11:30 am in the Westbank Regional Library Meeting Room. *
Tell us what events you’re planning to attend this month and share your summer fun with us on Instagram and Facebook by using the hashtag #jppsummer17
Check out our guide to summer to find all the summer fun happening in and around New Orleans and Jefferson Parish
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- After School Activities Guide - July 16, 2017
- Music Lessons In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - July 16, 2017
- Art and Drama Classes In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - July 16, 2017
- Dance Schools In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - July 16, 2017
- Gymnastics, Tumbling and Cheer Classes In New Orleans and Jefferson Parish - July 16, 2017