Can you believe it’s almost May? Where did this year go? School ends in just a few short weeks and then it’s on to SUMMER! If you’re looking for fun in the month of May we have you covered. Here are 31 things (one for each day of the month) you can do in May in and around Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.
Numbers correspond with the date and * denotes a FREE event
- Teens can make and share Cord Bracelets at the East Bank Regional Library Teen Center from 3pm-9pm. *
- Head on over to Sal’s Snowball Stand from 6-9pm for a FREE snowball to celebrate Give NOLA Day. *
- Listen to Kermitt Ruffins and Marcia Ball at Wednesday in the Square, a free concert series with food and drink sale proceeds benefiting the Young Leadership Council from 5-8pm in Lafayette Square. *
- Children ages 3-11 can make tissue paper flowers from 11am-12pm at the Rosedale Library. *
- Have a date night at Zoo To Do.
- Pinch some tails at the Westwego Farmer’s Market Crawfish Cookoff from 11-7pm. Live music by Night Train and Creole Soul. Cost are $15 for adults (all you can eat), $5 for children 10 and under. Presale tickets are available for $12.
- Visit the Town of Lafitte for the annual Blessing of the Fleet at 12pm. *
- It’s opening day at Taft Park Snowballs, so go have a afternoon treat!
- Children can make paper fish from 6-7pm at the Westbank Regional Library. *
- NOMA is free to Louisiana residents on Wednesday. *
- Build and create with LEGO at Lego Club from 6:30-7:30pm at the Lakeshore Library. *
- Listen to No Idea from 6:30-8:30pm at Music In the Park at Heritage Park in Kenner’s Rivertown. *
- Shop and have fun at Maifest in Gretna.
- Happy Mother’s Day, we have some great ideas on things you can do to treat mom to a fun day.
- Does your teen need volunteer hours this summer? Today is the last day to apply to the Jefferson Parish Library to be a summer volunteer.
- See why we love Drama Kids NOLA so much and attend their Spring performance. *
- New Orleans City Park Botanical Gardens are free for Louisiana residents on Wednesday, so go enjoy! *
- Children can listen to Quiet in the Garden at the Gretna Library from 4-4:30pm. *
- Ride along the levee in the City of Gretna for the Friday Night EZ Bike Ride. Starts at Riverfront and Huey P. Long Ave at 8pm. *
- Watch Trolls at Heritage Park in Kenner’s Riverdown. No outside food or drink allowed.*
- Spend the day playing on Bayou St. John at Bayou Boogaloo. *
- Check out one of these stroller friendly outings for a great day.
- Mornings With Mommy at 11 am at Barnes and Noble Metairie. Listen to Dad and the Dinosaur and make a craft. *
- Teens can make duct tape flowers and bow ties in the Teen Center at the Eastbank Regional Library from 3:30-4:30pm. *
- Admission is free for Louisiana Residents at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art on Thursdays. *
- Children can enjoy Storytime with Ms. Margaret from 1-2pm at the Live Oak Library. *
- Celebrate Greek Culture with live music, food and fun at the New Orleans Greek Fest.
- Shop and eat at the Westbank Fleamarket from 8am – 4pm.
- Go see the New Orleans BabyCakes take on the Oklahoma City Dodgers.
- Kids can learn how to make biscuits and gravy at Rouse’s Cooking Class for Kids with Chef Sally from 6-7:30 pm at the Rouses on Power Blvd. Tickets and advanced registration required.
- Listen to the story Bloom and make a popsicle stick fairy at the Lafitte Library from 11-11:30am.
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Summer Reading In Jefferson Parish - May 22, 2017
- 2017 Vacation Bible Schools In Jefferson Parish - May 15, 2017
- 75 Days Of Summer Fun for Jefferson Parish Kids - May 12, 2017
- Summer Date Ideas In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - May 10, 2017
- 2017 Best of the 504 Nominations - May 8, 2017