Can you believe it’s March already? Time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, catch a few cabbages and enjoy the beginning of spring. Here are thirty-one family friendly things to do in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans in March.
Numbers correspond with the date and * denotes a FREE event
- Go get some ice cream!
- Go play Laser Tag at Laser Tag and Games of Metairie.
- Watch Moana from 2-4 pm at the Live Oak Library. *
- Head on over to Mandeville for Mardi Paws. *
- Meet other parents with babies age 0-12 months at the New Parent Playdate held every Monday at 10:30 am at Zuka Baby Metairie. *
- Celebrate National Pancake Day at IHOP.
- NOMA is free to Louisiana residents on Wednesday. *
- Buy some new to you books at the Friends of Jefferson Parish Library BIG BOOK sale from 10 am – 8 pm at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner.
- Have some fun at the Old Metairie Irish Festival from 2pm – 10 pm, under the bridge at Causeway and Metairie Rd. *
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the Irish Channel Parade which starts at 1:30 pm. Route*
- Catch some cabbages at the Metairie Rd. St. Patrick’s Day Parade starting at noon. We even have some great slow cooker recipes for you to cook your catch. Route*
- Teens can make a St. Patrick’s Day Votive Candle at the West bank Regional Library Teen Center from 3-4 pm. *
- Celebrate Pi Day with a Haydel’s Hand Pie!
- New Orleans City Park Botanical Gardens are free for Louisiana residents on Wednesday, so go enjoy! *
- Admission is free for Louisiana Residents at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art on Thursdays. *
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! We have some great ideas on Pinterest.
- Listen to live music at the CASA Jefferson’s I Am for the Child™ Music Festival from 11 am – 6 pm at Lafreniere Park. *
- Get lucky beans, cabbages and more at the Louisiana Irish Italian Parade starting at noon in Metairie. Route*
- Homeschoolers can explore science with Homeschool Monday classes at the Audubon Zoo.
- Kids can read to therapy dogs at Reading to Rover from 6:30 – 7:30 at the East Bank Regional Library. *
- Learn to sign and sing a new song, share storytime with friends, and enjoy open play at Baby Sign & Play from 2-3 pm at ZukaBaby Metairie. *
- Children ages 4-11 can listen to Curious George Visits The Zoo by Margret Rey and New Tricks I Can Do by Robert Lopshire and make paper plate animals at What’s New at the Zoo Storytime at the Harahan Library from 3:30-4:30. *
- Watch Finding Dory at Movies In the Park. The fun starts at 5 pm with games and activities with an instructor from FITNOLA@NORDC with the moving starting around 6:15. Picnics, blankets, and lawn chairs welcomed. Burke Playground, 2524 Annunciation St., 70130*
- Kids can get behind the wheel of a fire truck and more at the 5th Annual Touch A Truck.
- Head to the Newman Bandstand at Audubon Park and listen to the LPO Woodwind Quintet from 5-6:30 at Music Under the Oaks. *
- Head to your favorite snowball stand for a treat after school!
- Preschools can have fun doing Yoga with Michelle from 11-11:30 at the West Bank Regional Library. *
- Children ages 5-14 can make Green Eggs and Ham and Mean Green Smoothies at Kids Cooking Class at Rouses Markets (4500 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70115) from 6-7:30 pm.
- Be an action hero at Action Hero Night at Chick-Fil-A Harvey.
- Watch Annie at Movies In the Park. The fun starts at 5 pm with games and activities with an instructor from FITNOLA@NORDC with the moving starting around 6:15. Picnics, blankets, and lawn chairs welcomed. Evans Playground, 5100 LaSalle St., 70125*
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Do You Know About All of These Money-Saving Healthcare Programs in Our Area? - August 15, 2017
- Jefferson Parish Parent Favorite Snoball Stands - July 31, 2017
- August is FREE Museum Month In New Orleans - July 28, 2017
- After School Activities Guide - July 16, 2017
- Music Lessons In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - July 16, 2017