We are well on our way to summer in New Orleans where days are long and nights are hot. It’s important as parents to get some alone time to reconnect with each other. So call the babysitter and head out to one of these great summer date ideas in New Orleans and Jefferson Parish.
- Watch the New Orleans Baby Cakes play. Watch their promotions calendar for fun and savings like Thirsty Thursday and an all you can eat crawfish boil!
- Take a tour through the French Quarter. Plenty of tours that are fun for adults, such as ghost tours, Cocktail walking tour, Food walking tour, and more.
- Play in the City Park Carousel Gardens Amusement Park during the June Under the Moon and Moonshive Fever, which are a few of City Park’s adults only events.
- Speaking of City Park , take a walk through the botanical gardens (free on Wednesdays for Louisiana Residents), go on a romantic gondola ride, bike ride under the oaks, play mini golf at City Putt and eat beignets at Morning Call.
- Listen to Willie Nelson & Family, The Avett Brothers, Sheryl Crow and more at Outlaw Music Festival, July 1, 2017, at The Shrine on Airline.
- Beer, food and music at the Westbank Beer Festival, July 22, 2017, at NOLA Motorsports Park.
- Listen to live music at Capri Blue Bar, the Treasure Chest Casino, or Westwego Farmer’s Market.
- Have dinner and catch a show at the WWII Museum, Rivertown Theaters or the Jefferson Performing Arts Center.
- Take a bike ride through Gretna with the Friday Night Gretna “EZ” Ride.
- Kayak through Bayou St. John.
- Create a beautiful painting at couples painting night at Painting with a Twist Metairie, New Orleans or Gretna.
- Visit the art galleries in the Warehouse Arts District on the first Saturday night in August during Whitney White Linen Night or the Royal St. art galleries on the second Saturday in August during Dirty Linen Night.
- Tour local art museums such as NOMA (free for Louisiana residents on Wednesdays) or the Ogden Museum of Southern Art (free for Louisiana residents on Thursdays).
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise down the Mississippi River aboard the Steamboat Natchez or the Creole Queen.
- Help support 100 local charities and have fun at the Annual Red Dress Run on August 12, 2017.
PIN THIS POST
Looking for more fun to have this summer in New Orleans and Jefferson Parish? Check out our FREE & Cheap Summer Fun post.
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Hurricane Evacuation Survival Tips - September 6, 2017
- Thirty Things To Do In Jefferson Parish in September 2017 - August 28, 2017
- Do You Know About All of These Money-Saving Healthcare Programs in Our Area? - August 15, 2017
- Jefferson Parish Parent Favorite Snoball Stands - July 31, 2017
- August is FREE Museum Month In New Orleans - July 28, 2017