As a kid St. Patrick’s Day wasn’t a big day in our family. We’re not Irish, and so most of the time I forgot to even wear green. As an adult I LOVE St. Patrick’s Day in the New Orleans area. I’m sure no one does it like we do. I mean where else can you catch cabbage from a float or go home with all the produce you need for a month? I think I like the St. Patrick’s Day parades more than Mardi Gras. I love how we take St. Patrick’s Day to a whole new level! Here are some ways to have fun this St. Patrick’s Day for Jefferson Parish Kids!
Parades and Festivals
- Old Metairie Irish Festival: Friday, March 10th from 2-10 pm under the bridge at Causeway and Metairie Road.
- Irish Channel Parade: Saturday, March 11th at 12:30pm. Starts on the corner of Felicity and Magazine goes down Magazine to Jackson Ave and then Jackson to Tchoupitoulas.
- Metairie Road Parade: Sunday, March 14th at NOON. Starts in front of Rummel, goes down Severn to Metairie Rd, then Metairie Rd. to the parish line.
- Louisiana Irish-Italian Parade: Sunday, March 19th at NOON and follows the traditional Metairie parade route.
- St. Bernard Irish Italian Islenos Parade: Saturday, April 1st at NOON and rolls down W. Judge Perez Drive.
Story And Craft Times
- Saturday Craft: 10:00-10:30 am – Make a leprechaun bookmark at the East Bank Regional Library Children’s Activity Room. Room closes at 10:10 am and this event is first come first served.
- Saturday Craft: 10:30-11:30 am – Paper Chain and Pot of Gold at the West Bank Regional Library.
- Storytime with Craft: 10:30-11 am – Read The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day and make Handprint Shamrocks at the Harahan Library.
- Teen DIY Craft: 3-4pm – St. Patrick’s Votive Candle, at the West Bank Regional Library Teen Center.
- Storytime With Craft: 10:30-11:30am – Read There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover and make a shamrock sun catcher at the Old Metairie Library.
- Storytime With Craft: 10:30-11:30am – Read Good Lucky Bear and make St. Patrick’s Day pinwheels at the Lakeshore Library.
- Mornings With Mommy: 11am – Read Happy St. Patrick’s Day Curious George and make shamrock hats.
- Craft Night: 6-7 pm -Make a paper plate pot of gold at the West Bank Regional Library.
- Read and Sing Storytime: 10:30-11am -Read the story Good Luck Bear at Lakeshore Library.
- Storytime: 11 – 11:45 am – Read Jamie O’Rourke and the Big Potato and make a rainbow sign at the East Bank Regional Library.
- Read and Sing: 10:30 to 11 am – Read the story Good Lucky Beat at the West Bank Regional Library.
- Saturday Craft: 10:30 – 11:30 – Make a St. Patrick’s Day wreath at the West Bank Regional Library.
- Saturday Matinee: 2-4 pm – Watch Finian’s Rainbow at the Live Oak Library.
More St. Patrick’s Day Fun
Check out our St. Patrick’s Day Fun Pinterest Board for more St. Patrick’s Day Fun!
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Summer Reading In Jefferson Parish - May 22, 2017
- 2017 Vacation Bible Schools In Jefferson Parish - May 15, 2017
- 75 Days Of Summer Fun for Jefferson Parish Kids - May 12, 2017
- Summer Date Ideas In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - May 10, 2017
- 2017 Best of the 504 Nominations - May 8, 2017