For the next two weeks kids all over the New Orleans area will be on spring break. Here are 25 spring break activities for New Orleans kids. We hope you have a great spring break.
1). Make a splash at Cool Zoo. Cool Zoo opens on April 14th and is opened daily through April 23rd. Splash in the water or take a ride through Gator Run. This is THE place in New Orleans to cool off. Cost is $12 non-members / $10 members. Check out Marion’s 5 reasons why you should go to Cool Zoo.
3). Take a swamp tour through the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve with Jean Lafitte Swam Tours and see an alligator to two.
4). Laser Tag is a great way to pass the time and you have three places to choose from in the New Orleans area. Laser Tag and Games of Metairie, Adventure Quest in Elmwood and Area 51 on the Westbank. All three usually offer daily specials over school breaks, including the one below from Laser Tag and Games of Metairie.
5) Play some mini golf at City Putt in City Park. There are two 18 hole courses to choose from. Cost is $8 (ages 13 and up), $6 (ages 4-12) for one round on one course. Play the second course in the same visit for an additional $4/person. Children 3 and under
6). Take a hike through the park, play on the playgrounds, feed the ducks, and have a picnic at Lafreniere Park! Before you leave, stop by Plum St. Snowballs for a treat.
8). You can spend the day learning about bugs, seeing beautiful butterflies at the Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. You can even eat a bug!
9). Feed the birds, watch the penguins and fish, and play in the fountains at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. When you’re done take a walk along the river to Cafe Du Monde for some beignets!
10). Head to your favorite snowball stand for a snowball!
12) Visit City Park. The sculpture garden is always free to explore, as are the playgrounds and the botanical gardens are free on Wednesdays for Louisiana residents. The Carousel Gardens and Amusement Park is open on weekends. While you are there, stop by and get beignets at Morning Call.
13) Go to a local festival. New Orleans is home to around 133 festivals so there always seems to be one going on. You can find a list of them in our Spring Fairs and Festivals Post.
14) Take in a free concert. We have a list of free outdoor concerts happening this spring.
15) Go see the New Orleans Babycakes play. You can get their full schedule here on their website.
18) Take a road trip. Here are 20 great places you can visit that are all 3 hours or less from Jefferson Parish.
20. Go to camp. Spring Break Camps are a great way for any New Orleans Kid to spend the spring break. Here is a list of Spring Break Camps in the area.
21) Visit the Easter Bunny or go to an egg hunt or hear an Easter themed story and make a Easter craft. Check our Easter Fun Guide for more information.
22) Take a ride on a Street Car. This is a great and cheap way to see the city and kids LOVE riding on the street car.
23) Pick strawberries. It’s strawberry season and you can go pick strawberries yourself at Mrs. Heather’s Strawberry farm, which is about an hour drive from New Orleans.
25) Visit the Louisiana Children’s Museum and learn about and explore the world around us.
Click the photo below to save to Pinterest
Do you have a favorite spring break activity that is perfect for a New Orleans kid? Let us know in the comments. Also be sure to check out our article on 30 Things To Do In April in Jefferson Parish.
ABOUT RAPID URGENT CARE
Located at 3908 Veterans Memorial Blvd which is on the corner of Vets and Cleary in the same shopping center as Regions Bank. Rapid Urgent Care is open every single day of the year including holidays and has a physician on site to access, diagnose, and treat your concern. Rapid Urgent Care commonly treats aliments such as the flu and flu-like illnesses. These include colds, sore throats, bronchitis, asthma, and strep throat. We also treat sprains, minor trauma, and fractures. Our on site X-Ray facility can help to determine if have a broken bone or perhaps just a sprained muscle. Learn more by visiting their website and liking them on Facebook.
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Summer Reading In Jefferson Parish - May 22, 2017
- 2017 Vacation Bible Schools In Jefferson Parish - May 15, 2017
- 75 Days Of Summer Fun for Jefferson Parish Kids - May 12, 2017
- Summer Date Ideas In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - May 10, 2017
- 2017 Best of the 504 Nominations - May 8, 2017