I don’t know about you but between the monster sized mosquitoes and the heat, SUMMER is not the season for enjoying your porch. I can’t wait until mid-September, when the weather starts to get cooler (ok maybe more like mid-October) and it’s perfect for sitting on your porch, watching the kids play, sipping a cold drink. So we thought we would help you out, well maybe we were helping ourselves out a little bit too, and we found these New Orleans cocktail recipes that are perfect for sipping while rocking on your porch.
- Pimm’s Cup, there is also a Strawberry Gin Fizz at Family Bites that looks good too.
- French 75, I love anything with champagne so this is on my must try list.
- Cajun Bloody Mary
- Mint Julep
- Sweet and minty Grasshopper
- Ramos Gin Fizz
- Mimosas – yum! Try cranberry juice instead of orange juice sometime!
- The Absinthe Frappe
- Brandy Milk Punch
- Southern Comfort
- Creole Bloody Mary
- The Vieux Carre from the Hotel Monteleone
- Hurricane, my personal favorite.
- Stormy Morning
- Moscow Mule, there are so many variations, I couldn’t pick just one.
- Same with Spiked Ice Tea, too many to choose from.
- Speaking of spiked Ice Tea, how about a Sweet Tea Mint Julep
- Southern Porch Sipper made with peach vodka
- Strawberry Cooler from our friends at Northshore Parent
- If you’re looking for something hot try the Cafe Brulot Diabolique
- Or our Mom’s Holiday Coffee (not a New Orleans cocktail but we like it)
What’s your favorite cocktail for sipping while relaxing on the porch?
PIN this post
If you love this post, you’ll really LOVE
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Tropical Storm Cindy Closures - June 20, 2017
- Camping In Southeast Louisiana - June 16, 2017
- Ten Things To Do With Dad On Father’s Day In Jefferson Parish - June 14, 2017
- Too HOT To Play: Guide To Indoor Fun In New Orleans - June 8, 2017
- 2017 Jefferson Parish Parent Photographer’s Guide - June 7, 2017