Today: GET UP…BREAKFAST…KIDS DRESSED…OFF TO SCHOOL…OFF TO WORK…PICK UP KIDS…HOMEWORK…DINNER…BATHS….KIDS IN BED…LAUNDRY…DISHES…GO TO BED! Tomorrow: Repeat. It’s like Groundhog Day every day around here! And this momma needs a BREAK! Date Nights with the Hubby are important to squeeze in there, but let’s face it – sometimes you just need a long uninterrupted, kid-free conversation with your GIRLFRIENDS! Here are nine ideas for some much needed girl time aka moms night out!
- HAPPY HOUR – It’s quick, easy, and cheap! Invite a few girlfriends to a local bar or restaurant for drink specials and lots of laughs! The Best part: you don’t (and can’t) stay out late anymore, so 1-2 hours of drinking time with the girls is just enough!
- CHICK-FLICK MOVIES – Make a date to check out the latest Chick-flick at the movie theater you know your husband doesn’t want to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 but your bestie does!
- COFFEE TALK – Only have a few minutes? Meet up with your friend for coffee and a quick chat – and you leave with a caffeine high so you can get through the rest of your day
- SHOPPING – Trust me, your girlfriends are more honest than your husband about how that dress actually looks on you – and they don’t ask you how much longer you are going to be – you can SHOP TIL YOU DROP (or you run out of money or the babysitter calls)
- LUNCH DATE – The kids are in school so take advantage of your freedom and book a lunch date with the girls! It gets you out of the house or the office, a good lunch, and good company!
- WALK AND TALK – What better way to exercise then while chatting with a friend – before you know it, you have walked 2 miles and didn’t even realize it because the conversation was so good! Your goal of bathing suit ready may be closer than you think!
- NETFLIX – Bring a bottle of wine and watch your favorite Netflix or TV show with your friends – no need to text each other while you watch the same shows – just do it together! Make it a weekly routine during the Bachelor – Housewives – Grey’s Anatomy premiere nights or pick a night and BINGE watch an entire season on Netflix. Make it a theme night and dress up like your favorite character – or dress down in your pajamas!
- MANI/PEDI – Splurge and meet up to have a manicure and pedicure together. Nothing better than soaking your feet with a chair massage remote in your hand and chatting with your girls at the same time!
- TAKE A ROAD TRIP – There are so many great destinations that are 1-3 hours from New Orleans. Get up early and check one of them out!
No matter what you are making time for yourself – and so is your friend – so take advantage of GIRL TIME and find a few minutes or a few hours every week – every month – whatever works for you! Do you have any other ideas for Moms Night Out? We would love to hear what you do with your girlfriends! Tell us on our Facebook Page!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- Kids Eat Free In Jefferson Parish - June 5, 2017
- FourWays To Get Rid Of Leftover Halloween Candy - October 26, 2016
- FREE Fall Family Activities In New Orleans and Jefferson Parish - September 21, 2016
- Free and Cheap Summer Family Fun in and around Jefferson Parish - April 15, 2016
- Nine Great Moms Night Out Ideas - April 13, 2016