We made these paper plate fish last year. I’m not a huge fan of paper plate crafts, I find the paint and glue take too long to dry and things don’t stick well to them or that they are just too big. However, these mini paper plates that I found are just the right size for a cute craft when your little ones are bored this summer.
- paint (we used some left over acrylic paint we had for another project but watercolors or tempera paint will do)
- googly eyes
- paint brush
- mini paper plates
First cut the a triangle piece from one side of the plate, so the plate looks like Pac Man. Then take the triangle piece you cut out to the opposite end so it looks like a tail.
Give the child paint and let them paint their fish. This is where they get to be creative and messy.
When they are finished painting have them glue on googly eyes. Let dry and then hang your fish on your art wall, fridge or wherever you display your child’s artwork.
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Summer Reading In Jefferson Parish - May 22, 2017
- 2017 Vacation Bible Schools In Jefferson Parish - May 15, 2017
- 75 Days Of Summer Fun for Jefferson Parish Kids - May 12, 2017
- Summer Date Ideas In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - May 10, 2017
- 2017 Best of the 504 Nominations - May 8, 2017