Here’s another cute Mardi Gras craft to make with the kids!
- Paint (Green, Yellow, & Purple)
- Paint Brushes
- Empty Water Bottles
- Beans, Rocks, or Rice
- Cleaning the Water Bottle
- Start off this awesome project with peeling the label off and using hot water and soap to scrub the glue off.
- Let it dry out. (The best way to do this is to sit it upside down on a paper towel.)
- Painting Fun
- Hint: You may want to lay out newspaper or a throw away tablecloth!
- Take any paintbrush and any color you desire and start painting! You can make all kinds of cool designs or just stick with a simple stripped look.
- You may need more than one coat of paint. So let it dry then add another coat. My daughter chose to make a huge mess on this step! But it’s alright, that’s part of the crafting fun, so don’t stress.
- Adding the Noise
- Next after the paint is dry we want to add the rice/beans/rocks. I chose to just pour them in which resulted in beans everywhere, so you may want to use a funnel.
- Fill the water bottle about half full.
- Return the cap to the bottle and apply a little hot glue so it stays on.
- Shaking and Dancing
- Now you are done so you can shake your shaker and dance around to the music you make!
I think we are going to bring ours to a Mardi Gras parade for some entertainment. Have Fun!
The following two tabs change content below.
Shana is a full time mom of a beautiful little girl. If she's not playing barbies with her daughter, she is probably painting canvases. She grew up in Jefferson Parish and just recently came back with her family. She's trying to get readjusted to living here and showing her family how wonderful the city is.