Here’s another cute Mardi Gras craft to make with the kids!
- Paint (Green, Yellow, & Purple)
- Paint Brushes
- Empty Water Bottles
- Beans, Rocks, or Rice
- Cleaning the Water Bottle
- Start off this awesome project with peeling the label off and using hot water and soap to scrub the glue off.
- Let it dry out. (The best way to do this is to sit it upside down on a paper towel.)
- Painting Fun
- Hint: You may want to lay out newspaper or a throw away tablecloth!
- Take any paintbrush and any color you desire and start painting! You can make all kinds of cool designs or just stick with a simple stripped look.
- You may need more than one coat of paint. So let it dry then add another coat. My daughter chose to make a huge mess on this step! But it’s alright, that’s part of the crafting fun, so don’t stress.
- Adding the Noise
- Next after the paint is dry we want to add the rice/beans/rocks. I chose to just pour them in which resulted in beans everywhere, so you may want to use a funnel.
- Fill the water bottle about half full.
- Return the cap to the bottle and apply a little hot glue so it stays on.
- Shaking and Dancing
- Now you are done so you can shake your shaker and dance around to the music you make!
I think we are going to bring ours to a Mardi Gras parade for some entertainment. Have Fun!