It’s FALL Y’ALL! Well I mean almost! The Fall Decorations and Pumpkin Décor are already in many stores and the weather is slowly starting to cool down! So that means we can GO OUTDOORS again in NOLA! And we have found all these FUN OUTDOOR events for your whole family to enjoy too:
FREE OUTDOOR CONCERTS IN NEW ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON PARISH
Jazz At the Park – Every Thursday from 4-8 pm September 8-November 3 at Louis Armstrong Park in New Orleans, FREE Jazz concerts including bands, food vendors and more! Admission is FREE and open to the public
Lafreniere Live Fall Concert Series: FREE concerts start at 6:30 pm, concessions will be available for purchase
- Thursday, Sept. 29th – Paris Avenue
- Thursday, Oct. 6th – Four Unplugged
- Thursday, Oct. 13th – The Strays
OTHER FREE FUN ACTIVITIES IN NEW ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON PARISH
- Home Depot and Lowe’s host FREE Kids Do-It-Yourself Workshops on select Saturdays every month! You must register in advance online | Home Depot | Lowe’s
FREE Museum Day hosted by Smithsonian Magazine and allows TWO free admission passes to select Museums – LOCAL NOLA Museums include: Audubon Insectarium, Longue Vue House and Gardens, Ogden Southern Museum of Art, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, Historic New Orleans Collection, National WWII Museum | Request Passes Online
FRIED CHICKEN FEST – Love that Chicken from…NOLA! The 1st Annual Fried Chicken Fest to be held in Lafayette Square. This Festival offers FREE admission for the whole family and along with Activities, Music, and of course CHICKEN you are sure to have a good time and leave FULL too! | More info
FREE Pool Party event at East Jefferson YMCA – There will be a live band (Rock-n-Soul) and Bar-B-Que food, bounce houses and face painting. And of course swimming, so bring your bathing suit! Members are non-members are welcome to attend | More info BONUS: If you join East Jefferson YMCA on September 25th, the $100 registration fee is WAIVED!
Family Fall Fest – Activities, games and a photo book at Chick Fil A Harvey from 6-7:30 pm.
BEIGNET FEST – Ok so we LOVE to take hot dough, sprinkle some powdered sugar on it (and all over us!) and now we can make a PARTY out of it! FREE admission for the entire family and a chance to try Beignets of all types and shapes! A Kid Village will be on site for the kiddos too! | More info
National Night Out Against Crime Party – Although many local areas/neighborhooods will also have National Night Out Against Crime events, the Kickoff Party is at the Bonnabel Boat Launch and will be FREE and the public is welcome! | More info
FREE HALLOWEEN EVENTS IN NEW ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON PARISH
This list will be updated as more Trunk or Treat/Fall Festival events are confirmed, but here are the FREE ones that we know about so far!
- September 25 – St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church
- October 21 – John Calvin Trunk or Treat
- October 22 – Krewe of BOO Parade in New Orleans | More info
- October 23 – Riverside Baptist Church Fall Fest
- October 28 – St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Trunk or Treat
- October 29 – Trunk or Treat and a Movie at Muss Bertolino Park in Kenner
- Date TBD – Boo Carre at French Market
These INDOOR Trick or Treating Events at the Local Malls are usually on Halloween night – more info coming soon!
- Clearview Mall
- Esplanade Mall
- Lakeside Mall
FREE FALL MOVIES IN NEW ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON PARISH
Click the image to find our listing of FREE movies in New Orleans and Jefferson Parish this fall!
Have any other FALL Activities to share? Please let us know and we will update our list!
Latest posts by Tiffany (see all)
- FourWays To Get Rid Of Leftover Halloween Candy - October 26, 2016
- FREE Fall Family Activities In New Orleans and Jefferson Parish - September 21, 2016
- Free and Cheap Summer Family Fun in and around Jefferson Parish - April 15, 2016
- Nine Great Moms Night Out Ideas - April 13, 2016
- Kids Eat Free In Jefferson Parish - March 29, 2016