Everyone loves the movies, but OMG are they expensive. By the time you get tickets, popcorn, drinks a family can easily spend $100 plus. To help you out we put together this list of free and cheap summer movies in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans. Enjoy!
Heritage Park In Rivertown
Free movies every Saturday night in May on a 25ft movie screen! Bring your lawn chair and blanket! However, no pets or outside food and drinks allowed! Showtime is at 8pm
The Grand Theater In Kenner
Summer movies for only $4. Price includes popcorn and a drink. Showtime is at 10am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May 31-August 3rd. Schedule TBA.
Jefferson Parish Library
Though out the week various branches of the Jefferson Parish Library offer movie times. Movies are free and open to the public. Visit the library’s website for information and show times.
May Movie Times:
- June 2nd: Moana at the Live Oak Library from 2-3:30 pm.
- June 6th: Beauty and the Beast (animated) at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- June 9th: Finding Dory at the West Bank Regional Library from 2:30-4:30 pm.
- June 13th: The LEGO Movie the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- June 16th: Moana at the West Bank Regional Library from 2:30-4:30 pm.
- June 17th: Tangled at the Live Oak Library from 2-3:30 pm.
- June 20th: A Monster Calls at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- June 23rd: The Secret Lives of the Pets at the West Bank Regional Library from 2:30-4:30 pm.
- June 29th: Power Rangers: at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
Zoovie Nights at Audubon Zoo
Doors will open at 6:00pm and movie goers are welcome to picnic by the Capital One Stage until the movies start at about 8:15-8:30pm. We’ll have a dance party from 7:15pm to 8:15pm. Come with your chairs and blankets and bring your own dinner if you like. All shows are $6 per person, (children under two years of age are free) and you’re welcome to bring chairs and blankets. No glass containers, open candles or pets, please. All films will be shown outside at the Capital One Stage and Field inside Audubon Zoo. You can also purchase a Cool Zoo/Zoovie Combo for $12 person.
- June 2nd – Moana
- June 16th – The Secret Live of Pets
- June 30th – The LEGO Batman Movie
- July 14th – Finding Dory
- July 28th – Trolls
Outdoor Movies at the Playground
Held around town at local New Orleans area playgrounds from 6-9 pm the entire month of May. Cost is FREE. Check the schedule here for movie listing and location.
- May 5th – Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Stalling St. Claude Rec Center
- May 12th – The Jungle Book at Lakeview Playground
- May 19th – Captian America: Civil Wars at Bodenger Playground.
Prytania Kids Summer Movie Series
Cost is $6 and includes movie, popcorn & drink.
Did we miss any free or cheap summer movies? Let us know!
PIN THIS POST
If you like this post you should check out:
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Tropical Storm Cindy Closures - June 20, 2017
- Camping In Southeast Louisiana - June 16, 2017
- Ten Things To Do With Dad On Father’s Day In Jefferson Parish - June 14, 2017
- Too HOT To Play: Guide To Indoor Fun In New Orleans - June 8, 2017
- 2017 Jefferson Parish Parent Photographer’s Guide - June 7, 2017