Everyone loves the movies, but OMG are they expensive. By the time you get tickets, popcorn, drinks a family can easily spend $100 plus. To help you out we put together this list of free and cheap summer movies in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans. Enjoy!
Heritage Park In Rivertown
Free movies every Saturday night in May on a 25ft movie screen! Bring your lawn chair and blanket! However, no pets or outside food and drinks allowed! Showtime is at 8pm
The Grand Theater In Kenner
Summer movies for only $4. Price includes popcorn and a drink. Showtime is at 10am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May 31-August 3rd. Schedule TBA.
Jefferson Parish Library
Though out the week various branches of the Jefferson Parish Library offer movie times. Movies are free and open to the public. Visit the library’s website for information and show times.
July Movie Times:
- June 29th: Power Rangers at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- July 6: Boss Baby at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- July 7: Sing at the West Bank Regional Library Meeting Room from 2:30-4:30
- July 13: Smurfs: The Lost Village at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- July 15: Dairy of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- July 18: Kong: Skull Island at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- July 20: Spark: A Space Tail at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- July 21: Trolls at the Live Oak Library from 2-4 pm.
- July 27: Storks at the West Bank Regional Library Meeting Room from 2:30-4:30
- July 29: The Bee Movie at the Live Oak Library from 2-3:30 pm.
Zoovie Nights at Audubon Zoo
Doors will open at 6:00pm and movie goers are welcome to picnic by the Capital One Stage until the movies start at about 8:15-8:30pm. We’ll have a dance party from 7:15pm to 8:15pm. Come with your chairs and blankets and bring your own dinner if you like. All shows are $6 per person, (children under two years of age are free) and you’re welcome to bring chairs and blankets. No glass containers, open candles or pets, please. All films will be shown outside at the Capital One Stage and Field inside Audubon Zoo. You can also purchase a Cool Zoo/Zoovie Combo for $12 person.
- June 2nd – Moana
- June 16th – The Secret Live of Pets
- June 30th – The LEGO Batman Movie
- July 14th – Finding Dory
- July 28th – Trolls
Outdoor Movies at the Playground
Held around town at local New Orleans area playgrounds from 6-9 pm the entire month of May. Cost is FREE. Check the schedule here for movie listing and location.
- May 5th – Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Stalling St. Claude Rec Center
- May 12th – The Jungle Book at Lakeview Playground
- May 19th – Captian America: Civil Wars at Bodenger Playground.
Prytania Kids Summer Movie Series
Cost is $6 and includes movie, popcorn & drink.
Did we miss any free or cheap summer movies? Let us know!
PIN THIS POST
If you like this post you should check out:
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Do You Know About All of These Money-Saving Healthcare Programs in Our Area? - August 15, 2017
- Jefferson Parish Parent Favorite Snoball Stands - July 31, 2017
- August is FREE Museum Month In New Orleans - July 28, 2017
- After School Activities Guide - July 16, 2017
- Music Lessons In Jefferson Parish and New Orleans - July 16, 2017