Can you believe it’s the end of the school year? Where did the time go? School ends in Jefferson Parish starting in just 2 weeks for most schools. Have you thought about how you are going to thank your child’s teachers for this past school year yet? We searched the web and found 10 great end of the year gifts that won’t break the bank and the teacher in your child’s life will LOVE!
1. The Gift of Reading: You could give her some books for her classroom library like Shannon at the Diary of a Soccer Mom did or you can give her a book or two on the must read this summer list that are going around right now. Top if with a gift card to her favorite coffee shop like Starbucks or PJs so she can treat herself this summer.
2. The Gift of Snacks: Make her a cute gift baskets of her favorite snacks. Include an energy drink in there and give it to her on the last week of school. This is something she can use to get through the long never-ending week before summer vacation begins!
3. The Gift of Wine: Look it’s the end of the year, the class is crazy, she deserves a drink. These wine glass tumblers from Fleurty Girl are perfect for summer! Add a gift certificate to Rouses or Martin’s Wine Cellar a or the grocery store of your choice so she can buy herself a bottle of her favorite adult beverage! You’ll be her favorite parent!
4. The Gift of School Supplies: She’s worked all year to provide an awesome classroom experience for your child. Often she’s had to pull money out of her own pocket to do so. Help her out by giving her a gift certificate to an educational supply store like the Educator or Learning Tools or Discount School Supply.
5. The Gift of Plants: Make her a nice planter like this one at Shanty 2 Chic and add some low maintencance plants to it in cute mason jars. It will be a great way to spruce up her classroom.
6.The Gift of Relaxation: We all know teachers are overworked, and it’s a stressful job. Give her the gift of relaxation this summer. Pair a towel, a nice magazine, some cute nail polish, lotion etc in a cute gift bundle like Sprinkle with Fabulous did or in buckets like Coffee Cups and Crayons did! Add one of these New Orleans inspried candles from NOLA Made or a gift certificate for a message or that bottle of wine she needs right about now!
7. The Gift of Flowers: Flowers are always nice! Pair them with a cute mason jar like they did on Love of Family and Home for a different look and she can use the mason jar all year-long.
8. The Gift of Movies: Put some microwave popcorn, movie style candy, and some seasoned salt in a cute popcorn bowl. Maybe add in a bottle of two of his favorite soda. He’ll love being able to relax with a movie and some snacks this summer. Add a gift card to a local movie theater or Red Box for some added fun!
9. The Gift of Candy: Fill a mason jar with his favorite candy or make a candy bouquet and give it to your favorite teacher for a sweet treat this summer.
10. The Gift of Money: Gift baskets and candy and flowers are nice but what your favorite teacher really wants is money! You can make him a money tree or give her a gift card to Target, Amazon, Apple or a million other places. And you can make them cute with these ideas from Crazy Little Projects!
Have a great summer and don’t forget to thank the teachers that you wish your kids could go back to by the 1st of June!
Latest posts by Cara (see all)
- Tropical Storm Cindy Closures - June 20, 2017
- Camping In Southeast Louisiana - June 16, 2017
- Ten Things To Do With Dad On Father’s Day In Jefferson Parish - June 14, 2017
- Too HOT To Play: Guide To Indoor Fun In New Orleans - June 8, 2017
- 2017 Jefferson Parish Parent Photographer’s Guide - June 7, 2017